Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blog Post #1

None of my friends have ever taken EDM 310, therefore I have never heard what this course is like from someone that I know. The only things that I have read about this class have been in course descriptions and on the website, "Rate My Professor.com". The biggest fear that I have about EDM 310 is that I am not technologically literate enough for what this course demands. I feel that I am capable of learning what needs to be learned, it will just take time and patience on my part. This class is like no other class I have taken in college. In my Sophomore year of high school I did take a multi-media class that taught me the basics of Photoshop and HTML. Because of this I am not going into this course blind. What is going to be the hardest for me in EDM 310 is going deeper into HTML. I know a little bit, but I fear that only will not be enough. The best way I can address to my fears is to work with my blog as much as possible. I plan to spend at least nine hours a week writing my blog and doing my other assignments. I really do not feel that I have any questions. The class lectures, the syllabus, and the posted videos explained everything I need to know. All that is left for me to is work harder, and have faith that I will learn what I need to know in order to succeed in EDM 310.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! HTML is definitely hard to learn. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...EDM310 is going deeper into HTML." Only to 3rd grade standards!

    If you have worked with Photoshop you should have to technical fears!

    "I plan to spend at least nine hours a week writing my blog…" Don't put all of your time into your blog. There is much more to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also worried that I am not technologically literate. The only experience I've had with computers and computer programs is the CIS 150 class here at USA but I took it the first semester of my freshman year so I'm a little fuzzy on a lot of things. I'm trying to improve on my time management skills with this class. I'm glad we're in the same group; hopefully we'll do well!

    ReplyDelete