Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

I was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama. As a child my parents encouraged me to pursue anything I had a passion for. By the end of fifth grade I had spent at least six months in ballet, jazz, softball, gymnastics and cheerleading. By the time I made it to high school the only one that lasted was cheerleading. Like everything else I had participated in, I lost interest. Finally I found what I loved by joining several clubs and organizations. Through these clubs I volunteered, traveled, and they eventually gave me the credentials I need to become a Mobile Azalea Trail Maid. For an entire year I traveled and met interesting people. The year ended in my most favorite place in the world, Walt Disney World. We marched in the Easter parade there and greeted guests. Besides history and teaching, I would say that one of my greatest passions is Disney. I love everything about it; the history, the films, even things as simple as Disney antiques fascinate since I collect them.

My mother, aunt, and grandmother all attended the University of South Alabama college of education together which has played a major role in my decision to come here. I also love the city of Mobile and would not dream of going somewhere else. Unlike my family who all teach elementary school, I chose for my major to be Secondary History Education. I have a deep passion for all history and I knew that as a teacher that is what I should focus on. I chose education not because my family chose it, I chose it because I remember what it was like to be in school and absolutely hate it. I never hated school because of what I was learning about, it was because my teachers were not teaching in a way that me and so many other students could understand. I am going into the field of education because I want to help student who feel this way. I want to make a difference and help children love school.

As far as random facts about me, I find that something that I am very good at random trivia. I love animals, I have two dogs, two cats, and twenty three pet chicks (they live outside). I love reading and being in nature, I often combine the two. I also seem to be the only adult at this college who truly loves Disney. I am going to follow up my little bio with some pictures that I feel describe who I am.

1 comment: