Thursday, January 30, 2014

Blog Post #3

There were many things that I learned from the videos and slide shows provided for us. First of all I know that the correct way to peer review someone is through going through a three step process: 1. Give compliments, 2. give suggestion, and 3. give corrections. Following these steps help to correct someone without hurting their feelings about their work. I mainly learned this from the What is Peer Editing video. These steps were reenforced by the Peer Editing With Perfection Tutorial. This slide show went into more detail, but overall held the same ideals.
The YouTube video, Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes, took a more humorous approach to these steps. It basically told me what I should and should not do as a peer editor. To avoid mistakes it said I should follow the three steps, these were the same steps that were presented to me as before: Compliment, suggest, and finally give corrections the the person who's work you are editing.

1 comment:

  1. I like that the first step to peer reviewing is to compliment. I believe this is a very important aspect because we, as students, should encourage each other to do better in our writings.

    ReplyDelete