Tuesday, March 25, 2014

C4K #8

In this week's C4K I was assigned the category "Capzle" in the "Little Voices, Little Scholars" blog. The post I chose was "Yes! This is Room 6's First Capzle of the Year and it is about Ambury Farm!" What Capzle is is a type of presentation where you can display several pictures at once from left to right, almost like a story board. In this Capzle presentation the first two pictures were of a class at a farm, and the pictures that followed were all drawings that the class made of the various animals that they saw there. The whole presentation was set to the piano instrumental version of Hallelujah, giving it a fun a relaxing feel.

For this week's C4K I was assigned to Jasmyne from Miss. Lavakula's class. Her last post "Pirate Map, " was an activity she made to teach directions. Using Google Slides she made a three page slideshow. She made a pirate map on a grid with obstacles you had to avoid to reach the treasure. By following her instructions a person participating would successfully reach the pirate treasure without hitting any of the obstacles.

For this week's C4K my student's blog that I was assigned to came from PT England School's Class Blog, and I was assigned to the student Faaiua. Her most recent post was Maths Consolidation. When they say that they are in the year of class 7/8 learners I am assuming that it is similar to 7th or 8th grade for us. I am very impressed by the level of detail in Faaiua's blog, it is clear that she has been doing this for quite some time. In her most recent post she is completing a very long series of math problems. I have never been quite that good at math, so for me some of these are simple while others such as the word problems are very complicated. I am impressed by how well organized these math problems are layed out. When I have tried to do similar things everything seems to get jumbled together.

No comments:

Post a Comment